macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Start, pause, or resume a Time Machine backup on Mac
You can have Time Machine perform a backup at any time, even if you don’t have Back Up Automatically selected in Time Machine settings.
On your Mac, click the Time Machine icon in the menu bar, then do any of the following:
Start a backup: Choose Back Up Now.
Pause a backup: Choose Stop This Backup.
Resume a backup: Choose Back Up Now.
If the Time Machine icon isn’t in the menu bar, choose Apple menu > System Settings. Click Control Center in the sidebar, scroll down to Time Machine , then select “Show in Menu Bar” from the pulldown menu.