Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Change the batteries in an Apple wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad
It’s easy to change the batteries in your Apple wireless keyboard, mouse, and trackpad.
When you change the batteries in a device, replace all of them at the same time with the same kind of battery. Dispose of batteries according to local laws and regulations.
If you’ve never connected your keyboard, mouse, or trackpad with your Mac, you need to do so. See Connect a Bluetooth device.
If you’ve previously connected your keyboard, mouse, or trackpad with your Mac, you don’t need to do it again after replacing the batteries. It should automatically reconnect with your Mac a few moments after you turn it on. If it doesn’t, press a key on the keyboard or click the mouse or trackpad to reconnect it to your Mac.
Thanks for your feedback.