Third-party project extensions in Photos let you create and order books, calendars, cards, and other print products. Here’s how you can work with third-party extensions in Photos for macOS.
Install a Photos extension
- Open Photos. Choose File > Create, choose a project category, then click App Store.
- The Mac App Store opens to a selection of third-party project extension apps that are compatible with Photos. You can browse the available apps and click them to see details.
- Use the Install option in the Mac App Store to download the extension to your Mac.
Create a project with Photos Project Extensions
- From your Photos library, select a memory, an album, or some individual photos that you’d like to include in a project.
- Choose File > Create, or click next to My Projects in the Photos sidebar.
- Choose the project extension that you want to use.
- The first time that you use the extension, a dialog asks permission to access your Photos library. Click OK.
- After Photos loads the project canvas, follow the instructions that the extension provides.
Disable Photos extensions
If you no longer want to use a Photos extension, you can disable it in System Preferences. Here’s how:
- In Photos, choose File > Create, then choose Manage. Photos extensions that you've installed appear in a list.
- To disable an extension, deselect the checkbox.