Before you can redownload apps that you bought from the App Store:
- Make sure to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Sign in with the Apple ID that you used to buy the app that you want to redownload. Use these steps to see which Apple ID you used to download an app.
If you can't download or don't see your past purchases, get help.
The steps in this article are for people who are not a member of a Family Sharing group. If you use Family Sharing, learn how to download content purchased by other members of your family.
App Store availability and features might vary by country or region. Learn what's available in your country or region.
You can redownload apps on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. You can also redownload some in-app purchases.
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the App Store app, then tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap your photo or in the upper-right corner, then tap Purchased.
- Tap "Not on this [device]." If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases, then "Not on this [device]."
- Find the app that you want to download, then tap . The app downloads to your device.
On your Mac
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- At the bottom of the left sidebar, click your name.
- Find the app you want to download, then click . The app downloads to your computer.
To reinstall Safari, Mail, the App Store, or other apps that are included with the Mac operating system, reinstall macOS. macOS Sierra or later doesn't appear in your purchases. If you want to redownload macOS, use the Search field in the upper-left corner to find and open the App Store page for the current version of macOS.
To reinstall an app that is already installed, move the app to the Trash first. If your purchases on the Account screen still shows an Open button instead of , choose Store > Reload Page from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen.
To install updates for apps that are already installed, click Updates in the left sidebar instead. Learn more about how to update the software on your Mac.
- To see a list of your past purchases from the App Store, view your purchase history in iTunes on a Mac or PC. If you have recurring purchases or subscriptions, you can view and manage them using an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. If you previously changed the country or region of your Apple ID, you might not see all of your past purchases.
- If you see a message that says, "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days," you might need to wait to redownload your apps. Learn more about associated devices.
- Check to see if the apps that you're looking for are hidden. If your apps are hidden, you might not see them even after you follow the steps in this article. Learn how to unhide purchases.
- Make sure that the content is available for redownload. Previously purchased items might not be available if they're no longer on the iTunes Store. Also, make sure that you're in a country or region where you can redownload items. If you changed your Apple ID from one country or region to another, you can't download items that you purchased in a previous country or region.
- If your download was interrupted, learn how to resume the download.
- If you can't find the item that you purchased in the App Store, report a problem with the item. You can report a problem with a purchase made within the last 90 days. If you have a problem with an older purchase, contact Apple Support.