Set your watch face
Check the settings on your Apple Watch
Touch and hold the bottom of the watch face. Wait for Control Center to show, then swipe up.
Then make sure that Silent Mode is off. If it's on, tap to turn it off. When Silent Mode is off, the icon will be gray or dim.
Check the settings on your iPhone
Open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap Sounds & Haptics.
Then make sure that Tap to Speak Time is on.
Hear the time
On your Apple Watch, tap Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse.
If Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse doesn't speak
You might need to download their voices.
- Connect your Apple Watch to a trusted Wi-Fi network, then place your Apple Watch on its charger.
- Wait for about fifteen minutes, then tap the screen again.
If you still don’t hear their voices, remove the watch face, then add it again:
- On your Apple Watch, firmly press the display.
- Swipe up on the Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse watch face, then tap Remove.
- Swipe left until you see , then tap .
- Turn the Digital Crown, then tap Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse to add the face back.
- Tap the screen to try to hear the time.
If you still need help, contact Apple Support.