While watching movies, TV shows, or music videos in the Videos app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can turn on audio descriptions. You can also turn audio descriptions on by default.
Turn on audio descriptions
If the video you're watching includes audio descriptions, you can find them in the Audio & Subtitles menu:
- While watching the video, tap the screen to reveal the playback controls.
- Tap the speech bubble icon to open the Audio & Subtitles menu.
- Choose the audio-described track that you want to use.
Set audio preferences
If you want videos to use audio descriptions by default:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility.
- Scroll to the Media section and tap Audio Descriptions.
- Turn on Prefer Audio Descriptions.
Not all videos include audio description tracks. Check the documentation for the video you're using to see if it includes these features.
Some third party websites and apps provide custom audio controls for videos. If you don't see audio controls when viewing video from a website, check the documentation, or contact the website owner or app developer for more information.
You can also turn on audio descriptions on other devices using the steps below:
Learn how to find audio-described content in the iTunes Store.