Check your sound settings
First, disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt, or 3.5mm audio ports on your Mac.
- From the Apple menu , choose System Settings (or System Preferences).
- Click Sound.
- Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
- If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
- If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
- If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.