After you’ve contacted Apple for service, you’ll receive a kit that contains everything you need to return your product to Apple.
Before you ship your HomePod mini
Pack your HomePod mini
- Remove cardboard divider from box.
- Place the HomePod mini on the left side of the box and the rolled-up cord on the right side of the box.
- Place the divider back in box, making sure the cord goes through the hole at the bottom of the divider.
- Close the box lid.
- Use the packing tape provided to seal the box.*
- Remove the top label from the shipping box. This is your receipt. Make sure the return shipping label remains on the box.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping.
Ship your HomePod mini to Apple
- Find the name of the courier on the return shipping label.
- Visit the courier’s website to schedule a pickup or find a drop-off location.
- Get a receipt from the courier.
- Check the status of your service request.
Use your HomePod mini after service
- Your replacement Apple product is covered by a 90-day service warranty, or the remainder of your original product warranty or AppleCare plan, whichever is longer. Consumer law will also apply to your replacement product where available.
- Set up and use your new HomePod.
© 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and HomePod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
Notice to California Consumers
1. An estimate as required (section 9844 of the California Business and Professions Code) for repairs shall be given to the customer by the service dealer in writing, and the service dealer may not charge for work done or parts supplied in excess of the estimate without prior consent of the customer. Where provided in writing, the service dealer may charge a reasonable fee for services provided in determining the nature of the malfunction in preparation of a written estimate for repair. For information, contact the Bureau of Electronic and Appliance Repair, Department of Consumer Affairs, Sacramento, CA 95814.
2. A buyer of this product in California has the right to have this product serviced or repaired during the warranty period. The warranty period will be extended for the number of whole days that the product has been out of the buyer’s hands for warranty repairs. If a defect exists within the warranty period, the warranty will not expire until the defect has been repaired.
The warranty period will also be extended if the warranty repairs have not been performed due to delays caused by circumstances beyond the control of the buyer, or if the warranty repairs did not remedy the defect and the buyer notifies the manufacturer or seller of the failure of the repairs within 60 days after they were completed.
If, after a reasonable number of attempts, the defect has not been repaired, the buyer may return this product for a replacement or a refund subject, in either case, to deduction of a reasonable charge for usage. This time extension does not affect the protections or remedies the buyer has under other law.