Before you begin
When to use Wireless Audio Sync
You might need to use Wireless Audio Sync if you notice that your audio is out of sync when you:
- AirPlay TV audio to your HomePod1 or AirPlay speakers.
- AirPlay TV audio to your HomePod or AirPlay speakers and use the TV speakers at the same time.
- Play TV audio with your AV receiver or sound bar and HomePod or AirPlay speakers at the same time.2
- Listen to your TV audio with Bluetooth speakers or Bluetooth headphones.
1. HomePod isn't available in all countries or regions.
2. If you use an AV receiver or sound bar to play audio, make sure to align audio from those devices with your TV’s video before using Wireless Audio Sync.
Set up Wireless Audio Sync
Follow the steps below to synchronize your TV's audio with your wireless audio devices.
Hold your iPhone near your Apple TV
Then on your Apple TV, go to Settings > Video and Audio. Scroll down and select Wireless Audio Sync.
Wait for a Wireless Audio Sync notification on your iPhone
If you see an authentication code
Then this is the first time that you're connecting this iPhone to this Apple TV. Enter the code displayed on your Apple TV into your iPhone.
If your iPhone has connected to this TV before, you won't receive a code and can go to the next step.
Apple TV plays a tone
Keep your iPhone near your TV while the tone plays. Make sure that the volume on your TV is turned up and the room is quiet.
The tone will always play from your TV speakers even if you set your audio output to AirPlay. Your original audio output settings will still be there after you sync.
Audio Sync Complete
You'll see a notification on your Apple TV that the audio sync is complete. Click Done to finish setup.
If your audio won't sync, isn't synced anymore, or if you use Match Content
- If the notification on your Apple TV says Audio Sync Failed, turn the volume up on your TV and move your iPhone closer to the TV. Then try to sync again. If it still fails, contact Apple Support.
- If you replace your TV set, Apple TV, AV receiver, sound bar, or any other related component after you've synced, you need to run Wireless Audio Sync again.
- If you have Match Content turned on, calibrate other display formats by switching formats and running Wireless Audio Sync on each one.