Auto-Correction uses your keyboard dictionary to spellcheck words as you type, automatically correcting misspelled words for you. To use it, just type in a text field.
To make sure that Auto-Correction is turned on:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Keyboard.
- Turn on Auto-Correction. By default, Auto-Correction is on.
Use predictive text
With predictive text, you can write and complete entire sentences with just a few taps.
As you type, you can see choices for words and phrases you'd probably type next, based on your past conversations, writing style, and even websites you visit in Safari.
To turn predictive text off or on:
- Touch and hold the smile emoji or the globe icon .
- Tap Keyboard Settings, then turn Predictive on or off.
Or go to Settings > General > Keyboard, and turn Predictive on or off.
See a full list of languages that support predictive text.
Set up text replacement
With text replacement, you can use shortcuts to replace longer phrases. When you enter the shortcut in a text field, the phrase automatically replaces it. For example, you could type "GM" and "Good morning" would automatically replace it.
To manage text replacement, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.
- To add a text replacement:
- Tap the Add button .
- Enter your phrase and shortcut.
- Tap Save.
- To remove a text replacement:
- Tap Edit.
- Tap the Remove button , then tap Delete.
- Tap Done.