Pro Video Formats provides support for Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor to work with a variety of video formats, including MXF files. Use System Information to see if Pro Video Formats is installed, and if so which version:
- Press and hold the Option key, then choose Apple menu > System Information.
- From the Software section of the sidebar, select Installations.
- To sort items in alphabetical order, click the Software Name column heading so the arrow is pointing up.
- Scroll down until you see Pro Video Formats in the Software Name column. The Version column shows the version number of the corresponding Pro Video Formats software.
To install or update Pro Video Formats on a Mac that uses macOS Mojave, use Software Update in System Preferences.*
* On a Mac that uses macOS High Sierra or earlier, use the App Store on your Mac to install or update Pro Video Formats.