- Use Apple Pencil hover to easily navigate, write, sketch, and illustrate with greater precision on supported iPad models.
- Export and send a copy of your spreadsheet in a different format right from the Share menu.
- Includes improvements and bug fixes for collaboration activity.
Get complete step-by-step instructions and information on all the features in Numbers:
New in Numbers 12.2 for iPhone and iPad
- Stay up to date on everyone’s recent activity in collaborative spreadsheets and get notifications when others join, comment, or make changes.
- Easily share and see updates about your spreadsheet in Messages. Send a message or start a FaceTime call right from a collaborative spreadsheet.
- Compare values and combine text with new functions, including BITAND, BITOR, BITXOR, BITLSHIFT, BITRSHIFT, ISOWEEKNUM, CONCAT, TEXTJOIN, and SWITCH.
- Quickly insert objects, find settings, and get to your favorite tools with the customizable toolbar in Numbers on iPad.*
- Find common actions like print, rename, and more in the new document menu on iPad.*
- Work across multiple spreadsheets more easily with Stage Manager on supported iPad models.*
- Automatically remove an image’s background to isolate its subject.*
- See autocomplete suggestions based on the contents of other cells in the same column.
- Style charts with additional controls for colors, lines, and number formats.
* Requires iOS 16 or iPadOS 16
New in Numbers 12.1 for iPhone and iPad
- Improved performance when inserting rows and columns in large tables.
New in Numbers 12.0 for for iPhone and iPad
- Copy a snapshot of table cells without formulas, categories, or hidden values.
- Edit font size more precisely with up to two decimal places.
- Create formulas and quickly fill cells with autofill using VoiceOver.
New in Numbers 11.2 for iPhone and iPad
- Use pivot tables to quickly summarize, group, and rearrange data to explore patterns and trends with pivot tables.
- Use radar charts to visually compare multiple variables at once to easily show similarities and differences in your data.
- Find duplicate entries and unique values in your data with improved filters, and use redesigned Quick Filters to easily show or hide rows that match a specific value.
- Drag and drop to copy text, images, and other items between apps on iPhone.1
- Flexible collaboration allows participants to add others to a shared spreadsheet.2
- Instant translation lets you translate selected text in up to 11 languages and add the translation to your spreadsheet with a tap.2
- Audio graph makes charts accessible to people with vision impairments by playing an audio tone that changes pitch to represent different values.2
1. Requires iOS 15
2. Requires iOS 15 or iPadOS 15
New in Numbers 11.1 for iPhone and iPad
- Link to web pages, email addresses, and phone numbers from objects such as shapes, lines, images, drawings, or text boxes.
- Support for collaborating on forms in shared spreadsheets.
- Teachers using the Schoolwork app to assign activities in Numbers can now view student progress, such as time spent.
New in Numbers 11.0 for iPhone and iPad
- Use new editing controls in the Arrange Inspector to adjust the look and placement of objects.
- Use onscreen keypads to enter exact values for text size, spacing, table size, and more.
- Add or remove objects or table cells from a selection by tapping or dragging across them.
- A new option in More > Settings > Editing to always open spreadsheets in edit view.
- Add phone number links to table cells, text objects, and shapes.
- Export your spreadsheet to Microsoft Excel with the summary worksheet excluded.
- Scribble support for Portuguese, French, Italian, German, and Spanish languages.*
* Requires iPadOS 14.5