Check if FaceTime is available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch*
- Go to Settings and scroll down until you see FaceTime between Messages and Maps.
- If you see FaceTime between Messages and Maps, tap it, then make sure that FaceTime is on. If it's off, tap to turn it on.
- If you don’t see FaceTime between Messages and Maps, follow the steps below.
iPhone with FaceTime
iPhone without FaceTime
Enable FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch*
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update and make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
- Check if FaceTime is visible in Settings.
- If you have an iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular model), go to Settings > General > About and check if your carrier is [CarrierName] 32.1 or later.
- If your carrier version is earlier than 32.1, you should get a notification to update your carrier settings. When you get the notification, tap Update.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Learn more about FaceTime
- Find or restore a missing FaceTime app.
- Learn what to do if you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime.
- Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad.
* iOS 11 compatible devices.