After you add content, you can download the content to your iOS devices or computers so that you can listen to or watch it when you're not connected to the Internet. You must download the content to each device that you want to use for offline listening.
There's no cost to add or download content. Learn more about Apple Music and how to join. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music but want to download content to your device, you can buy music from the iTunes Store app on your iOS device or in iTunes on a Mac or PC.
Apple Music features might vary by country and region. Learn more about what's available in your country or region.
To add content, find what you want to add, then follow the steps for your device.
When viewing an album in Apple Music, you might see to the left of to the song's title. The star indicates that the song is one of the most popular Apple Music songs. Look for the star to find hit songs.
On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device
- Open the Music app on your iOS device or the Apple Music app on your Android device and find something that you want to add to your Library.
- Tap to add a single song or tap +ADD to add an entire album, playlist, or video content.
After you add content, you can find songs, albums, and video content in your Library, and playlists in Library > Playlists.
On your Mac or PC
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and find something that you want to add to your Library.
- Click to add a single song or click +ADD to add an album, playlist, or video content.
After you add content, you can find songs, albums, and video content in your Library, and playlists in the sidebar of Library under Apple Music Playlists.
On your Apple Watch Series 3 or later
You can add songs from the Radio app.
- Open the Radio app.
- When you hear a song that you want to add to your Library, tap , then tap "+ Add to Library."
You can download content from the Apple Music catalog or from your iCloud Music Library. If the content is not already in your Library, you must add it before you can download it.
To download an item, find it in your Library and look for near it. Tap or click to download the item to your device. On your iOS device, when you download an entire album or playlist, changes to DOWNLOADED when the download is complete.
Use the Watch app on your iPhone to add music to your Apple Watch.
If you have Automatic Downloads turned on, content automatically downloads to your device or computer when you add it to your Library. You won't see .
You can download content on up to 10 devices. This content is accessible only when your Apple Music subscription is active.
- Learn how to delete content that you've added to your Library from Apple Music.
- Learn how to access your music collection on all of your devices.
- If you don't subscribe to Apple Music, you can use sync content with iTunes on your computer.