- Check the volume setting on your iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Mac.
- Make sure that the meshes in the earbud holes are free of lint or other debris.
- If any of the meshes in the earbud look clogged, use a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush to clean them. Use the brush to carefully and gently brush all openings.
Permanent hearing loss might occur if you use headphones at a high volume. You can adapt over time to a higher volume of sound, which might sound normal but can damage your hearing. Set the volume to a safe level before that happens. If you experience ringing in your ears or speech sounds muffled, reduce the volume or stop using your headphones and have your hearing checked. The louder the volume, the quicker your hearing could be affected. Hearing experts suggest these tips to protect your hearing:
- Limit the amount of time you use headphones at high volume.
- Don't turn up the volume to block out noisy surroundings.
- Turn the volume down if you can’t hear people speaking near you.