AirPlay audio from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Use Control Center to quickly stream audio from your iOS device to your Apple TV, HomePod, or AirPlay-compatible speaker.
- Open Control Center.
- Press and hold the audio card in the upper-right corner, then tap .
- Tap a speaker or tap multiple speakers to stream the same audio across all of them with AirPlay 2.
You can also AirPlay audio from an app you're using on your iOS device. Just open the app, tap , then choose a speaker.
AirPlay audio from Apple TV
To stream audio from a video you’re watching on Apple TV to HomePod or AirPlay-compatible speaker:
- Swipe down from the top of your Apple TV remote.
- Select Audio.
- Select a speaker.
You can also stream music that you're listening to on your Apple TV. Just swipe down from the top of your Apple TV remote, select , then select a speaker. Or press and hold on your Apple TV remote and select a speaker.
Want to play audio on multiple speakers? With AirPlay 2, you can play the same audio across multiple speakers you have set up in your home.
AirPlay from Apple TV to HomePod is currently in beta.
AirPlay audio from iTunes
To stream audio from iTunes to HomePod, Apple TV, or AirPlay-compatible speaker, make sure that your Mac and AirPlay-compatible speaker are on the same Wi-Fi or ethernet network. Then follow these steps:
- On your Mac, open iTunes.
- To the right of the volume slider in iTunes, click .
- Click a speaker that you want to stream audio to. Want to AirPlay to multiple devices? Just click the speakers that you want to AirPlay to.
AirPlay audio from your Mac
To stream audio from your Mac to your Apple TV, HomePod, or AirPlay-compatible speaker:
- Make sure that your Mac and speaker are on the same Wi-Fi or ethernet network.
- Go to Apple () menu > System Preferences > Sound.
- Under Output Device, select the speaker that you want to stream audio to.
To access audio output options by clicking in the menu bar, select Show volume in menu bar.
Do more with AirPlay
- Play and control music across multiple speakers with AirPlay 2.
- Use AirPlay to share video, photos, or the entire screen on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac to an Apple TV.
- Get help if you can't use AirPlay or mirror the screen on your iOS device or Mac to an Apple TV.