Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
See the devices connected to your Mac
You can view icons for hard disks, external disks, CDs, DVDs, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and connected servers in the Finder sidebar or on your desktop.
In the Finder on your Mac, choose Finder > Settings.
Click General, then select the items you want to see on the desktop.
For example, if you select “Hard disks,” icons for your hard disks appear on your desktop.
Click Sidebar, then select the items you want to see in the Finder sidebar.
Some items are listed below Favorites, and others are listed below Locations.
For more information about setting Finder settings, see Change Finder settings.
Thanks for your feedback.