After you’ve contacted Apple for service, you’ll receive a replacement product with instructions to return your original product to Apple. Instructions may vary by country or region.
Important: Be sure to return your product so that Apple receives it within 10 days of the day your replacement product was shipped to you by Apple (check your ship date). If Apple doesn't receive your original product within 10 days, or if Apple technicians find that your original product is ineligible for service or for issues that are not covered by an active AppleCare+ plan, you'll be charged the full value of the replacement product. For more details, see AirPods Express Replacement Service, ERS terms and conditions for service covered by Apple's Limited Warranty, ERS terms and conditions for service covered by an Applecare plan, or ERS terms and conditions for service not covered by Apple's Limited Warranty, an AppleCare plan, or consumer law.
Follow these steps to prepare your AirPods Max:
Customers in Japan, follow step 1, then proceed to the Ship your AirPods Max to Apple section for the Asia-Pacific region.
- Remove your ear cushions and keep them in a safe place for later use.
- Place each ear piece inside a separate bag.
- Rotate the ear pieces and face them downward, then place your AirPods Max into the molded plastic insert. Place the lid on the white box.
- Place the white box into the brown shipping box and close it. (Do not include your ear cushions, USB cable, power adapter, or other accessories. If you include extra items in the box, we won't be able to return them to you.)
- Seal the box with tape and mail the box to Apple.* If there is a battery sticker pasted on the outside of the box, please make sure the battery sticker is not obstructed.
* Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping.
© 2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, AirPods and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.