You can remove and install many of the parts in your Mac Pro. If you receive a replacement part from Apple, follow the steps to send your original part back to Apple.
You can install up to 1.5TB of memory across the 12 memory slots in your Mac Pro. Learn about Mac Pro (2019) memory specifications and how to install and remove memory.
Mac Pro has eight PCIe slots that you can use to install many types of PCIe cards. Learn about some of the PCIe cards you can install and how to install PCIe cards.
Apple I/O card
The Apple I/O card comes preinstalled in Slot 8 and has two Thunderbolt 3 ports, two USB-A ports, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Learn how to replace the Apple I/O card.
Mac Pro supports up to one or two solid-state drive (SSD) modules depending on the capacity. Learn how to install or replace SSD modules in your Mac Pro.
Feet and wheels
Your Mac Pro comes equipped with either feet or wheels. If you want to change from what your Mac Pro shipped with, you can order the Apple Mac Pro Feet Kit or the Apple Mac Pro Wheels Kit, then install the respective kit on your Mac Pro.
Send your part back to Apple
If you order a replacement part from Apple, follow these steps to send back the original part:
- Re-package your part in the packaging in which your original part came.
- Tape the box closed.
- Remove the pre-applied top label from the box (that’s your copy). Make sure the return shipping label remains on the box.
- Find the name of the courier on the return shipping label.
- Visit the courier’s website to schedule a pickup or find a drop-off location.
- Get a receipt from the courier.
- In a few days, check that Apple has received your defective part.
Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.