Share your iMovie project on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Mac using AirDrop, then import the project directly into Final Cut Pro X. Once in Final Cut Pro, you can do advanced editing, audio work, and additional finishing.
Share your iMovie for iOS project to your Mac
You can share your iMovie projects on your iOS device with your Mac using AirDrop. Before you try to share using AirDrop, make sure to set up your devices for AirDrop.
- In iMovie for iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Projects at the top of the screen. If you don’t see Projects at the top of the screen, tap Done until it appears.
- In the Project browser, tap the project you want to share.
- Tap the Share button, then tap the Mac you want to share the project with in the AirDrop section.
- On your Mac, click Accept. The project is saved in the Downloads folder on your Mac.
Import the iMovie iOS project into Final Cut Pro
- Create and select a new library, or select an existing library you want to import the project into.
- In Final Cut Pro, choose File > Import > iMovie iOS Projects.
- In the window that appears, navigate to the Downloads folder, select the iMovie project, then click Import. Final Cut Pro creates a new event for the imported iMovie project in the selected library.
Final Cut Pro automatically converts iMovie Trailers into Movie projects. If there are empty image wells in the trailer, those scenes will be substituted with placeholder clips.