An Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like iCloud, the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, iMessage, Apple Music, Apple TV App, or Apple Podcasts. It includes the email address and password that you use to sign in, and all the contact, payment, and security details that you'll use across Apple services. You only need one Apple ID, because you can use the same one everywhere.
If you use Apple services, you already have an Apple ID and you don't need to create a new one. Not sure if you have one? To find out, go to the Apple ID account page and select Forgot Apple ID or password.
No matter where you create your Apple ID, just remember to use the same one to sign in to every Apple service. That way, you can access and manage everything with a single account and password.
Store availability and features might vary by country or region.
Create when you set up a device
When you set up on your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you might be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. If you don't have an Apple ID, you can create a new one:
- Tap Forgot password or don't have an Apple ID.
- Tap Create a Free Apple ID. You can also set it up later in Settings.
- Select your birthday and enter your name. Tap Next.
- Tap Use your current email address, or tap Get a free iCloud email address.
Use the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the App Store and tap .
- Tap Create New Apple ID. If you don't see this option, make sure you're signed out of iCloud.
- Enter your email, password, and choose the country or region that matches the billing address for your payment method. The email address you provide will be your new Apple ID.*
- Enter your name and birthday, then tap to subscribe to Apple Updates if you'd like. This keeps you up to date on the latest news, software, products, and services from Apple. Tap Next.
- Enter your credit card and billing information, then tap Next. You can also choose None, and learn what to do if None isn't showing or you can't select it. You will not be charged until you make a purchase. You can change or remove your payment details later.
- Confirm your phone number. This can help to verify your identity and recover your account if needed. Tap Next.
- Check your email for a verification email from Apple and follow the steps to verify your email address. Learn what to do if you need to set up email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
After you verify your email address, you can use your Apple ID to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, and other Apple services such as iCloud.
Use iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Sign In. Then click Create New Apple ID.
- Complete the form to create your new Apple ID. The email address you provide will be your new Apple ID. The form also includes security questions for your protection.
- After you've filled out the form, click Continue. If you see a message that says that the email address you entered is already associated with an Apple ID, follow these instructions to use an existing Apple ID instead.
- Enter your credit card and billing information, then click Continue. You can also choose None, and learn what to do if None isn't showing or you can't select it. We'll charge you only when you make a purchase. You can change or remove your payment details later.
- Check your email for a verification email from Apple and follow the steps to verify your email address.
After you verify your email address, you can use your new Apple ID to sign in to the iTunes Store and other Apple services such as iCloud.
- Already have an Apple ID? Learn how to sign in to the iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV.
- Learn how to change or remove your Apple ID payment information.
* In China, you might be required to provide a +86 phone number for your Apple ID. You can change the number later, or change your country/region to a location that doesn't require it. This number is only used for verification purposes.