Swipe to search
Trying to find a contact, email, or nearby restaurant? Quickly find what you’re looking for from the Home screen on your device.
- Swipe down from the middle of the Home screen.
- Tap the Search field, then enter what you're looking for. As you type, Search updates results in real time.
- To see more results, tap Show More or search directly in an app by tapping Search in App.
- Tap a search result to open it.
Change search settings
You can change the search settings to limit which apps and results appear while you're searching. To do this:
- Go to Settings > Siri & Search.
- Scroll down and select an app.
- Then tap Search, Suggestions, & Shortcuts to allow or prevent results and shortcut suggestions from showing up. When you turn this feature off, you'll have the option to select Show App. Turn this off to prevent the app from appearing in your search results.
You can also use Allow on Lock Screen to prevent an app from appearing on the Lock screen as a Siri suggestion. Learn more about Siri suggestions.