Make sure the watch isn't already paired
You can pair an Apple Watch with your iPhone only if it isn't already paired. If you still see the time, lock screen, or apps on your Apple Watch, your watch might still be paired with an iPhone.
Before you can pair again, you need to unpair the watch from your iPhone, or erase the watch. You can use either of the following methods:
Unpair from your iPhone
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
- Tap the "i" icon next to the watch that you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Tap again to confirm, then wait for your watch to unpair.
Erase your Apple Watch
- Open the Settings app on your watch, then tap General > Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm.
- Wait for your watch to unpair.
After your Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.
How to find the "i" icon
If you've unpaired or erased your Apple Watch and you're setting it up manually, find the "i" icon in the lower-right corner of the screen. To see the name of your watch and pair manually, tap the "i" icon.
"i" icon on an unpaired Apple Watch
"i" icon on pairing animation screen