Use Apple Pay to ride transit
Where you can use Apple Pay for transit with Express Transit mode
You can use Express Transit mode to pay for rides with Apple Pay in these countries or regions. Depending on your transit agency, you might be able to set up a card in Wallet for Express Transit mode* or use Express Transit mode with a payment card in Wallet.
*Not all transit and payment cards are supported. Check with your transit agency for information about the cards that you can use with Apple Pay for transit.
- All forms of transit that accept Octopus card.
- All forms of transit that accept Suica or PASMO
- London: Transport for London (TfL)
- Chicago: All forms of transit that accept Ventra.
- Los Angeles: All transit operators that accept the TAP Card in Wallet.
- New York City: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) accepts payment cards in Wallet at select stations.
- Portland: All forms of transit that accept Hop Fastpass also accept payment cards in Wallet.
- Washington, D.C.: All transit operators that accept the SmarTrip card in Wallet.
Where you can use Apple Pay for transit without Express Transit mode
If you aren't using Express Transit mode, you need to authenticate your ride purchase at the transit terminal or gate with Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode. Here are some additional countries and regions where you can pay for transit with a payment card in Wallet on your iPhone and Apple Watch if you aren't using Express Transit mode:**
- Sydney: Transport for NSW
- Vancouver: TransLink
- Taoyuan Airport MRT
- Chicago: Ventra system
- Moscow: Moscow Metro
- Saint Petersburg
**Additional countries and regions might support using Apple Pay to pay for transit. Check with your transit agency to see if they support payment using Apple Pay.
- Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch
- Use Apple Pay to pay for your ride without Express Transit mode
- Discover how to use Express Transit mode with Apple Pay to pay for rides
- Learn how to set up a card in Wallet to ride transit with Apple Pay
- See all of the devices that are compatible with Apple pay
- Use Suica or PASMO on your iPhone or Apple Watch in Japan
- Use Express Transit with Apple Pay in China mainland
- Add a transit card to Apple Pay in China mainland