Set up your replacement AirPods or charging case
When you get your replacement, follow these steps to use your AirPods again.
Set up your AirPods or charging case
- Put both AirPods in your charging case.
- Connect the case to power, close the lid, and wait 20 minutes.
- Open the lid and check the status light. It should flash amber.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for 15 seconds until the status light flashes white.
- Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Open the case—with your AirPods inside—and hold it next to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. A setup animation appears on your screen.
- Tap Connect, then tap Done.