Explore the Apple TV App
To get started, open the TV app:
- On your Apple TV, select the TV app from your Home screen or press on your Siri Remote.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap the TV app on your Home screen.1
To find the content you want, use these tabs in the Apple TV App:
Watch Now2 shows your favorite shows and movies from services you subscribe to, and iTunes purchases and rentals. It features Up Next,3 which lets you pick up where you left off, and What to Watch, where you can find handpicked recommendations. You can also watch live sports and news. If you use your cable provider with your Apple TV, you can access on-demand programming and additional content from your cable provider in Watch Now.
In the United States and Canada, you can browse the Sports tab to find and watch live, upcoming, and re-aired games. You can also check scores for games in progress. And you can choose your favorite teams to automatically add games to Up Next and receive notifications when a game is about to start.
Find everything that you’ve purchased from iTunes, along with your current rentals, in the Library tab. On your iPhone and iPad, the Library tab also shows any home videos that you transferred to your device.
Use the Store tab to find video streaming apps that you can subscribe to or that work with your TV provider. And, if your TV provider supports single sign-on, you just sign in once to enjoy instant access to supported apps included with your TV subscription. You can also browse the latest TV shows and movies from iTunes.
Change your settings
On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Apps > TV. On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > TV. Then you can adjust these settings:
- Turn Up Next on or off: If you don't want to display the viewing history in the TV app on your device—past or future—turn off Up Next. When you turn off Up Next on your device, the setting turns off only on that device, and your viewing information won’t sync to your other devices anymore (until you turn Up Next back on).
- Remove content from certain apps: To remove an app's past or future content from the TV app, select the app that you want to clear. Then choose Remove or Remove and Clear Play History.4
- Clear viewing history: To remove your viewing history from the TV app, select Clear Play History.4
- Hide sports scores: In the United States and Canada, you can hide game scores from showing in the Sports tab. Just turn off Show Sports Scores.
- On your Apple TV, you might receive notifications about teams you follow. On your iPhone or iPad, you might get notifications about new episodes, new seasons, teams you follow, and more. Learn more about notifications.
Where is the Apple TV App available?
- In available countries and regions, the Apple TV App replaces the Videos app when you update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Any videos stored in the Videos app, like ones you synced from iTunes or use through Home Sharing, will transfer to the Apple TV App.
- Any content that you see in the Watch Now tab should be instantly playable, unless you manually add shows or movies to Up Next that aren't available (like content that's offered through apps that you haven’t signed up for, or content that you haven't rented or purchased yet).
- With your consent, Up Next displays only content that you watched on an Apple device after you update the device. And if you sign in to iTunes with the same Apple ID on multiple Apple devices, Up Next displays your current content from all of those Apple devices.
- If you use the Apple TV App on multiple devices that share the same Apple ID for iTunes, your adjustments to this setting apply to all of those devices.