Try again after each step
- In the App Store, tap Updates. Find GarageBand in the list. If you see Update next to GarageBand, tap Update. If not, skip this step.
- If you use Audio Units Extensions or Inter-App Audio apps as instruments or effects with GarageBand, check with the manufacturer for updates.
- If you use an external audio interface, disconnect it. If GarageBand works, you might need to update or service your audio interface.
- Delete any Audio Units Extensions or Inter-App Audio apps.
- Create a new song, then play it. If it works, check your other songs and solo tracks to see which one caused the issue.
- Reset GarageBand. Go to Settings > GarageBand, then tap Reset GarageBand. When you reset GarageBand, your song files, presets, or patches aren't affected. Other custom settings, such as the 24-bit audio resolution and Multitrack Recording settings, are reset to factory defaults.
- Back up any songs on your device. Then delete GarageBand and redownload it.
Still not working? Contact Apple support.