Download a show or movie
- Open the Apple TV app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- Go to the channel's page. Or search for a movie or TV show.
- Tap or click the download button next to the TV show or movie.
To find and play your downloads, go to the Library tab, then tap or click Downloaded.
You can't download content from the Apple TV app on Apple TV, smart TVs, streaming devices, and on tv.apple.com.
Limits for downloads
For most Apple TV channels, downloads are available for up to 30 days before they expire. For a few channels, downloads might expire earlier.
Some Apple TV channels might have limits for how many titles can be downloaded simultaneously and the number of devices you can download content on. If you reach the limit, the Apple TV app will alert you. You’ll need to delete previously downloaded TV episodes or movies on one of your (or your family's) devices before you can download anything else from that channel.
Limits for streaming on multiple devices
- Apple TV+: One subscription allows you to enjoy 6 simultaneous streams. If you have an Apple Music student subscription, which includes Apple TV+ for a limited time, you can only stream Apple TV+ on one device at a time.
- Apple TV channels: One subscription allows you to enjoy up to 3 simultaneous streams. Some channels might allow more than 3 simultaneous streams.
- You can also buy movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app.
- On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can restrict the rating of content in the Apple TV app using Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time. On Apple TV, you can turn on restrictions in Settings. You can also turn on restrictions for the Apple TV app on your smart TV.
- Learn what to do if you can't stream or watch video content.
The Apple TV app, Apple TV channels, Apple TV+, and store availability might vary by country or region. See what’s available in your country or region.