Make sure you can add a card
Try to add a Suica, PASMO or ICOCA card
After completing each step, see if you can add your Suica, PASMO or ICOCA card to Apple Pay:
- Your date of birth is only required if you’re trying to add a personalised My Suica, PASMO or ICOCA card, or a card with a Commuter plan to the Wallet app. Use the same date of birth that you entered when you purchased your plastic Suica or PASMO card.
- Make sure your plastic card is resting on a flat non-metallic surface. Rest the top of your iPhone on the middle of the card. Keep it there until the transfer has been completed, which can take up to a minute. It may also help to hold your card and iPhone in your hand.
- Make sure the value on your card doesn't exceed 19,500 Yen.
- You can add a credit card with a Suica or PASMO balance by tapping Credit or Prepaid Card in Wallet. Only the credit card will be added to Apple Pay. The Suica or PASMO card cannot be added, and the balance of the Suica or PASMO card will remain on the plastic credit card.
- Certain Suica and PASMO cards (e.g. Student Commuter Suica cards) may need to be verified before you can add them to Apple Pay. For additional functionality of Suica or PASMO cards in the Wallet app, download and register within the Suica app or PASMO app on your iPhone.
- Restart your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- Update to the latest version of iOS or watchOS.
My Suica, personalised PASMO, or Commuter Suica and PASMO cards that use romaji names or international phone numbers are not supported.
If you are trying to add a second Suica, PASMO or ICOCA card to use with Apple Pay, make sure the name on the second card matches the first name on your My Suica, or Commuter Suica, PASMO or ICOCA card. If you have different names on multiple cards, download and register in the iOS Suica app or PASMO app.
Between 12:30 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. JST daily, many functionalities aren't available to customers. This includes adding cards, adding money to Suica, PASMO or ICOCA cards, and renewing commuter plans.
- Apple Pay isn't available for children under 13. Age varies by country or region.
- Make sure you sign in to iCloud on all of your devices. On your iOS device, you need to set up Face ID, Touch ID or a passcode. On your Apple Watch, you need to set up a passcode. If you sign out of iCloud or remove your passcode, all credit, debit, pre-paid, travel and student ID cards, as well as Suica, PASMO or ICOCA cards, will be removed from that device.
- To add a PASMO or ICOCA card in Wallet, you’ll need to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.