Update to the latest version of the Apple TV app
Update your Apple device to update the Apple TV app.
If you’re using a PC, update to the latest version of Windows and your device’s drivers. Then update the Apple TV app for Windows in the Microsoft Store.
If you're using a compatible smart TV, streaming device or games console that's connected to the internet, the Apple TV app should be updated automatically. If you need help, you can contact the manufacturer or find out how to get the Apple TV app on your device.
If the film or TV programme won't start playing
After each step, try streaming or downloading the film or TV programme again.
- Check the System Status page for service interruptions or check a third-party provider's website for any interruptions. If there are service interruptions, try streaming or watching the video later.
- If you're having trouble signing in with your Apple ID, you can reset your Apple ID password or find out how to receive a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication.
- If your mobile connection is poor, connect to Wi-Fi instead.*
- Try watching on a different device using the same Wi-Fi or mobile connection. If it doesn't work, contact your Internet Service Provider to find out if there's an issue with your network.
- If other people are using Apple TV+ or Apple TV channels, make sure it doesn't exceed the limits for streaming on multiple devices.
* Make sure your Wi-Fi router is 802.11a/g/n/ac compatible. Streaming HD content requires 8 Mbit/s or faster. Slower tiers of Wi-Fi connections may not be fast enough to stream HD video content.
If the video quality is poor or it stops playing
- If multiple people on your network are using the internet, your connection speed may slow down. Ask them to pause their internet activities temporarily.
- If you're using a smart TV or streaming device, turn it off and back on again. If you’re using an Apple device or PC, restart it.
- Tap or click the download button to try downloading the film or TV programme instead.*
* You can't download films or TV programmes to Apple TV, smart TVs or streaming devices. You can only download HDR content to certain iPhone and iPad models. You can't download 4K video content to any device.