Apple has removed a few apps from the App Store that install root certificates that could allow monitoring of data. If you have one of these apps installed on your device, delete both the app and its associated configuration profile to make sure that your data remains protected.
Delete both the app and its configuration profile
To delete an app and its configuration profile, follow these steps.
- Delete the App.
- Tap and hold on the app until it jiggles.
- Then tap in the upper-left corner of the app to delete it. If you see a message that says, "Deleting this app will also delete its data," tap Delete.
- If the app has a configuration profile, delete it. If you don't see a configuration profile, go to the next step.
- Go to Settings > General > Profile & Device Management, tap on the app’s configuration profile.
- Then tap Delete Profile. If asked, enter your device passcode, then tap Delete.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.