On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
To find the iOS version installed on your device, go to Settings > General > About.
On your iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod mini
- Press the Menu button multiple times until the main menu appears.
- Scroll to and select Settings > About.
- The software version of your device should appear on this screen. On iPod nano (3rd or 4th generation) and iPod classic, press the Center button twice on the About screen to see the software version.
On an iPod shuffle
You can also use iTunes to find the software version of your device. Follow these steps:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Open iTunes and connect your device.
- Click your device's icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.
- Look in the Summary or Settings section for the software version.
If iTunes doesn't recognize your device, learn what to do.