What you can buy
You can use Apple Gift Card to purchase products or accessories at an Apple Store.
In countries and regions where Apple Gift Card is available, you can use your Apple Account balance to buy products and accessories at apple.com or in the Apple Store app. In these countries and regions, your Apple Account balance includes the balance from any Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards that you have redeemed.
Buy apps, games, or in-app purchases from the App Store.
Buy music, movies, and more from the iTunes Store, Apple TV app, or Apple Books.
Pay for subscriptions like Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and Apple TV+. Or pay for subscriptions in apps from the App Store.
Pay for iCloud+, Apple's premium cloud subscription.
Apple Gift Card and Apple Account balance can't be used for some purchases
- You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
- For some recurring charges, like AppleCare+, you can't start your subscription with Apple Account balance. But as long as you keep another valid payment method on file and your Apple Account balance would cover an entire charge, your recurring charge will pull from your Apple Account balance.*
- Some subscriptions might not be charged to your Apple Account balance.
- If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are available only to you. Learn more about how purchases bill to your Apple Account balance.
* Except in mainland China
- To add funds to your Apple Account balance, use the payment method that you have on file.
- Learn how to check your Apple Account balance.
- Some purchases might require that you have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.
Some stores and apps might not be available in your country or region. Find out what's available in your country or region.
To learn more about what gift cards and Apple Account balance can be used for, read the terms and conditions.