Turn on iCloud Music Library
Before you can turn on iCloud Music Library, make sure that you're signed in to all of your devices with the Apple ID that you use with Apple Music. Then follow the steps for your device.
Apple Music features and content varies by country and region.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > Music, and tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on. You won’t see an option to turn on iCloud Music Library until you sign up for Apple Music or iTunes Match.
- If you already have music on your device, you'll be asked if you want to keep the music that's on your device.
If you choose Keep Music*, the music from your device adds to your iCloud Music Library.
If you choose Delete & Replace, the music on your device is replaced with the content of your iCloud Music Library.
* When you choose Merge, songs on your device that are in the Apple Music catalog become instantly available to access on your other devices. On iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, songs that we can't match are shown on your other devices. But you won't be able to play them on your other devices until you sign in to iCloud Music Library in iTunes.
On your Mac or PC
- Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences.
Windows: From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.
- On the General tab, select iCloud Music Library to turn it on. You won’t see an option to turn on iCloud Music Library until you sign up for Apple Music or iTunes Match.
- Click OK.
About iCloud Music Library on other devices
Apple TV, Android, and some other devices access iCloud Music Library as long as you're signed in on all of the devices with the same Apple ID that you use for Apple Music. On these devices, there is no option to turn iCloud Music Library on or off.
If you don't see your content on all of your devices
Then, on the computer that contains your original music library, make sure that you're signed in to iTunes with the Apple ID that you use with Apple Music and have iCloud Music Library turned on. Then, from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library.
If you don't subscribe to Apple Music, learn the best way to get your music on all of your devices. You can also redownload your iTunes Store past purchases on any of your devices.