Pre-order apps, movies, music, and books
- Open the App Store, Apple TV app, Music app, iTunes Store, or Apple Books.
- Search for the item that you want to pre-order.
- Tap or click the price, then follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the pre-order. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
If a pre-ordered album includes pre-release songs
If you pre-order an album and some songs are released before the album, you might be charged for each song as it becomes available. You'll be charged for the remaining price of the album when it releases.
Download a pre-order
When your pre-ordered item becomes available, the payment method that you have on file is billed, and you receive an email that says your item is ready to download. If you turned on automatic downloads, the item automatically downloads to the device that you used to buy it.
If you don't see a pre-ordered item that you expect to see, find the item in your purchases and download it. If the item is an app or game, you can also find the item in the App Store and tap or click Get.
You can't download movies to Apple TV or smart TVs. You can only stream them.
View or cancel your pre-orders
You can view information about your pre-orders and cancel them before they're released on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. You can also contact Apple Support to cancel a pre-order.
How to see or cancel a pre-order on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app. Tap your name, then tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap Pre-Orders. If you don't see Pre-Orders, you don't have any pre-orders.
- On the Pre-Orders screen, you can view information about your pre-orders, including the expected release dates. To cancel a pre-order, tap the item, then tap Cancel. When you're asked if you're sure you want to cancel, click Yes.
How to see or cancel a pre-order on your Mac or PC
- Open the app that you used to pre-order the item.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Account > View My Account or choose Store > View My Account.
- On the Account Information page, scroll to Settings, then click Manage Pre-Orders. If you don't see Manage Pre-Orders, you don't have any pre-orders.
- On the Manage Pre-Orders screen, you can see information about your pre-orders, including the expected release dates. To cancel a pre-order, click the Cancel button for the item. When you're asked if you're sure you want to cancel, click Yes.
On a PC, you can view or cancel pre-orders in iTunes for Windows. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
If a purchase can't be completed
If a billing issue stops your purchase from completing when your pre-order releases, you'll get an email letting you know that the item is available, but you need to update your billing information before you can download it.
Click the link in the email to check your billing information and complete your purchase.