Import contacts stored on a SIM card
- If your iPhone isn't using the SIM from your old phone:
- Make sure that the SIM card from your previous phone can fit into your iPhone.
- Remove your iPhone SIM card and replace it with the SIM card from your previous phone.
- Tap Settings > Contacts > Import SIM Contacts.
- Wait for the import to complete.
- If you swapped SIM cards in step 1, remove the SIM card and replace it with your iPhone SIM card.
- Open Contacts and make sure that the contacts imported.
The contact information imported from a SIM card depends on how your previous phone stored information on the SIM card. For more help with importing contacts from a non-Apple phone, check the manufacturer’s website, app store, or contact your carrier.
iPhone doesn't store contacts on the SIM card. If you want to transfer contacts between iPhones, you can use iCloud to backup or transfer content between devices.