About cleaning your Powerbeats Pro
Your Powerbeats Pro earbuds are sweat and water resistant, but not sweatproof or waterproof. The charging case is not waterproof, sweatproof, sweat resistant or water resistant, so be careful not to get moisture in any openings. Find out more about water and sweat resistance.
Clean your Powerbeats Pro earbuds and charging case if they come into contact with anything that may cause stains or other damage, such as dirt or sand, make-up, ink, soap, detergent, acids and acidic foods, or if they come into contact with liquids, including those that may lead to skin irritation, such as sweat, salt water, soapy water, swimming pool water, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sun cream, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye and solvents.
Avoid damaging your Powerbeats Pro when you clean them:
- Make sure no liquid gets in the openings.
- Don't dry Powerbeats Pro or the case using an external heat source (for example, a hair dryer).
- Don’t use cleaning products or compressed air.
- Don't use sharp objects or abrasive materials.
- Don't insert a foreign object into the Lightning connector on the case (for example, a cotton bud or kitchen roll).
Clean your Powerbeats Pro
- Remove the Powerbeats Pro earbuds from the charging case.
- Disconnect the charging cable from both the case and your computer or power adapter.
- To clean the charging contacts on Powerbeats Pro, use a cotton bud that has been slightly dampened with warm water. To clean the charging pins on the case, use a lint-free cloth that has been slightly dampened with warm water. If necessary, you can slightly dampen the cotton bud or cloth with 70 per cent isopropyl alcohol.
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to clean all other areas of the Powerbeats Pro and case. Here's how to clean your ear tips.
Care for your Powerbeats Pro
Clean and dry your Powerbeats Pro earbuds and your skin after workouts or times of heavy sweating. Keep your Powerbeats Pro earbuds and charging case clean and dry.
Care for the Lightning-to-USB cable
Discolouration of the Lightning connector after regular use is normal. Dirt, debris and exposure to moisture may cause discolouration. If your Lightning cable or connector becomes warm during use or the case won’t charge, disconnect it from your computer or power adapter and clean the Lightning connector with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Do not use liquids or cleaning products when cleaning the Lightning connector.
Tips to avoid skin irritation
Here's how to avoid skin irritation, especially if you have allergies or skin sensitivities:
- Wear your Powerbeats Pro with the right fit – see Wearing your AirPods, EarPods and Beats devices.
- After workouts with Powerbeats Pro, or after your device is exposed to liquids such as sweat, soap, shampoo, make-up, sun cream and lotions that can potentially cause skin irritations, clean and dry your device. Keeping your Powerbeats Pro – as well as your skin – clean and dry will maximise comfort and prevent long-term damage to your device.
- If you have known allergies or sensitivities to certain substances, check the materials in Beats headphones and earphones.