Here's what you need
- Check if your smart TV or streaming device supports the Apple TV app.*
- If your device is supported, go to your device’s app store and download the Apple TV app.
- Have your Apple ID and password ready. If you don't have an Apple ID, you can create one. You need an Apple ID to use the Apple TV app.
*You can also visit Samsung's website to learn which Samsung smart TVs are supported and Roku's website to learn which Roku streaming players and TVs are supported. To check if other devices are supported, like Amazon Fire TV devices, visit Apple's website.
Set up the Apple TV app
- Open the Apple TV app and select Start Watching.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign In.
- From here, you can sign in with your Apple ID and complete setup in two ways:
- Sign In On Mobile Device: Use the camera on your phone to scan the QR code on the TV screen. Then follow the instructions on your mobile device to sign in with your Apple ID and finish set up.
- Sign In On This TV: Use the remote that came with your TV to manually sign in with your Apple ID and complete setup.
To add additional Apple ID Accounts for purchasing content, go to Settings > Accounts.
Watch exclusive Apple Originals from Apple TV+ and subscribe to premium channels. Discover new and popular movies. And watch content from popular streaming apps. With the Apple TV app, you can do it all in one place, and across all of your devices.
On Amazon Fire TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. To watch content in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV device, purchase it on another supported device with the Apple TV app.
Buy or rent something to watch
Join Apple TV+
Apple TV+ features original stories from the most creative minds in TV and film. And you can watch Apple TV+ on all of your devices with the Apple TV app.
Subscribe to Apple TV channels
Subscribe to just the premium channels that you want, and watch movies and shows included with your subscription on any of your devices with the Apple TV app.
Manage your subscriptions
You can view, change, or cancel subscriptions to Apple TV+ or Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app. Just go to Settings > Account > Manage Subscriptions.
Reset the Apple TV app
You can restore the Apple TV app to its original settings, remove all of your personal information, and sign out of all accounts. Just go to Settings > Reset.
To use the Apple TV app, you'll need to set it up again.
If you're signed in to a smart TV or streaming device that you no longer have access to
If you're signed in to the Apple TV app with your Apple ID on someone else's device, or a device that you no longer have access to, follow these steps to sign out.
On your Mac or PC:
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Scroll down to devices and select your smart TV or streaming device.
- Select Remove from account.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Scroll down and tap your smart TV or streaming device.
- Tap Remove from Account.
- You can find more information about the Apple TV app on your smart TV or streaming device in the Apple TV app user guide.
- Join Apple TV+ to stream all-new Apple Originals, ad-free and on demand.
- Learn how to restrict purchases in the Apple TV app.
- If you have an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, you can stream audio from your Apple device to your TV. Or stream a video or mirror the screen on your Apple device to your TV.
The Apple TV app availability might vary by country and region. Learn what’s available in your country or region. The Apple TV app features and supported devices also might vary country and region.