Share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Learn how to share your Wi-Fi network password with friends and family.
Before you begin
- On both devices, turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on; if either of you have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
- Make sure your Apple ID is added to the other person's Contacts app.
- Keep the other person's device nearby, within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
Share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on your friend or family member's device (the device you want to connect).
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
Get more help
- Password sharing only works with Apple devices on iOS 11 or later, and macOS High Sierra or later.
- If you don't see the setup animation, restart both devices and try again.
- If you still can't share your Wi-Fi password, have the other person enter the password manually.