How to use Siri
If your device supports using Siri hands-free, then say "Hey Siri." If it doesn't, then you can use Siri with just a press of a button. Learn how to activate Siri on your device.
Ask Siri to check the weather and find places to go. And when you're on your way somewhere, Siri can give you directions and check traffic so you can get to where you’re going on time.
Check the weather
Want to know if you should wear a coat or bring an umbrella? Just ask Siri. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What’s the temperature outside?"
- "Do I need an umbrella today?"
- "How’s the weather tomorrow?"
Want to try a new restaurant? Or want to know what time the grocery store closes? Just ask Siri. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "Where’s a great place to eat Mexican food?"
- "What time does the Apple Store close?"
- "Where’s the closest gas station?"
Whether you're walking or driving, Siri can help you get to your destination on time. Just say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "How's the traffic around downtown San Francisco?"
- "What's the fastest way to get to the airport from here?"
- "Give me walking directions to Angela's home."
- "How do I get home from here?"
Stay up to date
Catch up on current events, sports, stocks, and more with Siri.
Get the latest news
You can get news briefs from top news sources in the world. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What’s the news today?"
- "Give me the latest sports news."
Want to switch to a different news source? Just say "Hey Siri, play news from," then say the news source.
Participating news sources only. News isn't available in all countries and regions.
Catch up on sports
Want to know if your favorite football team won the game last night? And when they play next? Siri knows. Say "Hey Siri," then you can say things like:
- "What baseball games are on?"
- "Who’s leading in the Bundesliga right now?"
Stay up to date on the stock market, prices, news, and more with Siri. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "How's the stock market doing today?"
- "What’s the market capitalization of Apple?"
- "Where’s the London Stock Exchange today?"
- "Compare AAPL and the NASDAQ."
Cook with Siri
Need a little help in the kitchen? Siri can help you measure ingredients, set multiple timers, and even help you count calories.
Need help converting cups to ounces? Siri can help. Just say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "How many milliliters are in a cup?"
- "Convert 2 cups to ounces."
- "How many teaspoons are in a tablespoon?"
- "How many grams are in a pound?"
Set multiple timers on HomePod
Cooking multiple things in the kitchen? Siri can set multiple timers and name them on HomePod. Just say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "Set a 45 minute rice timer."
- "Set another timer for 15 minutes."
- "How much time is left on the rice timer?"
- "Pause the rice timer."
HomePod isn't available in all countries and regions.
Get nutritional facts
Ask Siri questions about food and get answers from the USDA database, like calories, vitamins, and how healthy a food is. Say “Hey Siri,” then you can ask things like:
- "How many calories are in an ounce of cheddar cheese?"
- “How much caffeine is in coffee?”
- “How much fiber is in broccoli?"
More ways to use Siri
Siri is great at answering questions about the things you want to know and do in your home. Here's what you can do.
Be on time
Need to wake up early to catch a flight? Or want to check the time in another city? Siri can help. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What time is it in Berlin?"
- "When is daylight saving time?"
- "Wake me up tomorrow at 6:00 a.m."
- "Change my 6:00 a.m. alarm to 6:30 a.m."
When the alarm goes off, you can say "Hey Siri, snooze" or "Hey Siri, stop."
If you turn on Find My for your devices, you can ask Siri to play a sound on a device to help you find it. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "Where’s my iPhone?"
- "Play a sound on my iPhone."
- "Where's my Apple Watch?"
Ask Siri to translate
Ask Siri how to say something in Mandarin, Spanish, French, German, Italian, or other language. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "How do you say 'nice to meet you' in Mandarin?"
- "How do you say 'thank you' in Italian?"
- "How do you say 'Good Morning' in German?"
From math to pop culture, Siri knows a little bit about everything. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask Siri things like:
- "Who sings this song?"
- "What’s a 15% tip on $85?"
- "How high is Mount Everest?"
- "What movie won Best Picture last year?"
What else can Siri do?
From making calls to controlling your home, discover more ways to use Siri on your Apple devices.
Siri availability, features, and commands varies by language, and country and region. Learn which Siri features are supported in which countries and regions.