Choose a method for riding transit with Apple Pay
Where you can use Apple Pay with Express Transit mode
Learn some of the countries and regions where you can use Express Transit mode to pay for rides with Apple Pay.
*Not all transit and payment cards are supported. Check with your transit agency for information about the cards that you can use with Apple Pay for transit.
- Anywhere Föli transit operators accept payment cards in Wallet
- All forms of transit that accept Octopus card
- All forms of transit that accept Suica or PASMO
- All First Bus Group transit operators
- London: Transport for London (TfL) accepts payment cards in Wallet
- Chicago: All forms of transit that accept Ventra
- Los Angeles: All transit operators that accept the TAP Card in Wallet
- New York City: Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) accepts payment cards in Wallet at select stations
- Portland: All forms of transit that accept Hop Fastpass also accept payment cards in Wallet
- San Francisco Bay Area: All transit operators that accept the Clipper card
- Washington, D.C.: All transit operators that accept the SmarTrip card in Wallet
Where you can use Apple Pay without Express Transit mode
If you don't use Express Transit mode, you must authenticate your ride purchase at the transit terminal or gate with Face ID, Touch ID, or a passcode.
Learn some of the countries and regions where you can use a payment card in the Wallet app to pay for transit on your iPhone or Apple Watch without Express Transit mode.
- Sydney: Transport for NSW
- Vancouver: TransLink
- Taoyuan Airport MRT
- Chicago: Ventra system
- Moscow: Moscow Metro
- Saint Petersburg
- Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch
- Set up a card in the Wallet app to ride transit with Apple Pay
- See all of the devices that are compatible with Apple pay
- Use Suica or PASMO on your iPhone or Apple Watch in Japan
- Use Express Transit with Apple Pay in China mainland
- Add a transit card to Apple Pay in China mainland