To use the current EndNote plug-in, you must have EndNote X6 or later installed on your Mac. Learn how to get EndNote.
Before you download and install the EndNote plug-in, make sure you know what version of Pages you’re using. To check what version of Pages you have, open Pages, then choose Pages > About Pages.
Add a citation
- Open your EndNote library.
- Open the document you want to add a citation to in Pages.
- Select the text you want to cite, then choose > EndNote Citation. If EndNote Citation isn't available, go to the Document Inspector > Document tab and make sure Document Body is checked.
- In the EndNote Citation search window, search for the Author, Title or Year of the work you want to cite.
- Select the citation you want to add and preview the citation. If you don’t want an in-text citation, but want to add the source to your bibliography, make sure you select “Only insert into the bibliography.” Click Insert.
Your citation is added after the selected text and the work is added to the Bibliography at the end of your document.
If you delete the only citation for a source, Pages automatically removes that source from your Bibliography.