New in Motion 5.6.5
Released 18 July 2023
Motion 5.6.5 includes the following bug fixes:
- Improves stability with FxPlug 4 plug-ins.
- Improves stability when dragging a group that contains an FxPlug plug-in to the Favourites folder.
- Improves performance when using the Sequence Text behaviour with Anchor Point set to Line (in the Layout pane of the Text Inspector).
Get complete step-by-step how-to instructions and information on all features in Motion. For a list of recent enhancements in Motion, refer to What's New in Motion.
Released 23 May 2023
- Use automatic colour processing to easily integrate SDR media, HDR media and elements created in Motion (such as text, shapes or generators) in the same project, with intelligent tone mapping to match your colour space.
- Use automatic colour processing to create Motion templates that adapt dynamically to HDR or SDR timelines in Final Cut Pro for Mac.
- Control the look of your image precisely with HDR-optimised colour processing sliders in the Colour Adjustments filter for exposure, contrast, highlights, midtones, shadows and more.
- Experience improved real-time playback and export speeds on Apple silicon and Intel-based Mac computers.
Motion also includes these additional fixes and enhancements:
- Improves the Sliced Scale filter to prevent object offset when adjusting the Expand parameters.
- Improves stability when saving text styles in the Inspector.
- Improves stability when using the Stabilise behaviour.
Released 24 October 2022
- Includes stability and performance improvements.
- Addresses an issue in the Save As panel, where the Save and Cancel buttons were unreadable in certain languages.
Released 9 August 2022
Fixes an issue where video frames may be out of order during playback or export.
Released 12 April 2022
- Use the new Sliced Scale filter to divide an image into slices to prevent distortion when scaling.
- Optimised playback and graphics performance for M1 Max and M1 Ultra on the new Mac Studio.
- Adds Korean language support.
Motion 5.6.1 also includes these additional fixes and enhancements:
- Fixes an issue in which the re-connect media window may be unresponsive.
- Fixes an issue in which sharing media could cause banding.
- Adds a Scale Mode menu to choose a scaling method when using a match move behaviour.
- Improves playback and share performance when working with 3D Objects on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Fixes an issue where video frames may be out of order during playback or export.
Released 18 October 2021
- Select the new Object mode in the inspector to automatically detect, track and match the movement of faces or objects using machine learning.
- Use object tracking with the Analyse Motion, Match Move and Track behaviours.
- Choose between different tracking analysis types.
- Object tracking uses the Apple Neural Engine to accelerate video analysis on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Edit videos recorded on iPhone 13 in Cinematic mode (Requires macOS Monterey).
- Use Cinematic controls in the inspector to modify the intensity of the depth effect, and add keyframes or behaviours to change the effect over time.
- Choose to focus on faces or other objects by selecting them using the Cinematic tool in the viewer.
- View or delete focus points in the video timeline.
- Easily add a neon glow to text, shapes, video, stills and more.
Motion 5.6 also includes these additional fixes and enhancements:
- Sets the zoom level to Fit in Window to display the whole canvas (in any Viewport configuration).
- Fixes an issue where scroll bars may not be visible when “Show scroll bars” is set to Always in General preferences.
- Fixes an issue where typing a letter in the Font pop-up menu doesn’t move the selection to that letter in the font list.
- Fixes an issue where the Refraction filter may not be rendered correctly when you add an image to the Image well.
- Fixes an issue where changing text styles may cause Motion to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixes an issue where dragging a font to the Favourites folder in the Library may cause Motion to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixes an issue where deleting an Opacity tag in the Gradient editor may cause Motion to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixes an issue where turning the Crop tickbox on or off (in the Properties Inspector) for a layer with an applied Motion Tracking behaviour may cause Motion to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixes an issue where you may be unable to rotate the track region onscreen control in the Stabilise behaviour.
- Fixes an issue where scale was applied in the Unstabilise behaviour when the Scale parameter was turned off in the referenced Stabilise behaviour.
- Fixes an issue where referenced track points may have been lost when duplicating a shape, mask or paint stroke with an applied Track Points behaviour.
- Fixes an issue where the Four Corner parameter (in the Properties Inspector) is disabled after viewing a Motion Tracking behaviour in the Inspector.
- Fixes an issue where a preview may not appear in the Inspector in Point mode tracking.
- Fixes an issue where previous tracking data may be applied after resetting a Motion Tracking behaviour.
- Improves reliability when choosing tracking regions by dragging the tracker onscreen control in the canvas.
- Fixes an issue where the Match Move behaviour’s four-corner settings may be lost after converting a track to keyframes.
- Fixes an issue where a Sequence Text behaviour may not animate correctly when there is no keyframe on the last frame of the behaviour.
- Improves reliability of the Undo command in the Time Date generator when making adjustments in the HUD.
- Fixes an issue where kerning may not be preserved when deleting a character.
- Fixes an issue where a gradient on 3D Text may be rendered incorrectly.
- Fixes an issue where clicking Set Current Time in the Time Date generator set the time to Pacific standard time (PST) rather than the user’s local time zone.
- Improves reliability when using Colour Space Override (in the Media Inspector) with projects containing ProRes RAW media files.
- Fixes an issue where an object with an applied Align To behaviour may flicker during playback.
- Fixes an issue where the Concentric Shapes generator may not render HDR colours when Colour Type is set to Gradient in the Generator Inspector.
Released 08 July 2021
- Improves stability when exporting with certain macOS Language and Region preferences.
- Improves stability when playing H.264 or HEVC media.
Released 17 June 2021
- Fixes an issue in which a 3D object would be rendered with incorrect brightness on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Fixes an issue in which Motion could quit unexpectedly when closing a project after export.
- Fixes an issue in which emoji would be rendered incorrectly in an HDR project.
- Fixes an issue in which Motion could quit unexpectedly when closing the application with the HUD open.
- Fixes an issue in which Motion could quit unexpectedly when adjusting the opacity of a gradient using the onscreen control.
- Fixes an issue in which Motion would quit unexpectedly when dragging media or an object into a USDZ media well.
Released 04 March 2021
- Fixes an issue in which Motion would crash when undoing a reset of animated colour curves.
- Fixes an issue in which Motion may render a black canvas after resetting keyframed Colour Wheels.
Released 12 November 2020
- Improves performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Export HLG high-dynamic-range projects with Dolby Vision 8.4 metadata for optimised playback on Apple devices.
- Improves stability when clicking in an empty canvas on a Mac Pro with two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo GPUs and a Blackmagic eGPU Pro.
- Improves stability when manipulating groups of keyframes selected across multiple parameters.
- Improves stability using the Stroke filter when selecting a stroke type in the HUD.
- Fixes an issue in which the Poke filter centre is offset from the onscreen control.
- Improves stability when deleting layers after removing a marker.
- Includes built-in support for Avid DNxHR® and Avid DNxHD® decoding and playback.
Released 24 September 2020
- Fixes an issue in which XAVC media from the Sony PXW-FX9 camera is not recognised.
Released 25 August 2020
3D object support
- Add 3D objects as elements in Title, Generator, Effect and Transition templates.
- Animate a 3D object’s position, rotation and scale using keyframes.
- Use behaviours to easily add realistic and complex animations to 3D objects.
- Use 3D objects with tools such as replicators, emitters, lights or cameras.
- Use a collection of 60 pre-made 3D objects in the Motion library.
- Import USDZ objects from third-party websites and developers.
- Adjust 3D object environment lighting in the project inspector.
- Create a solid or gradient colour outline around the edge of an object or clip based on its alpha channel.
- Use the filter’s gradient tools to create multiple coloured strokes.
- Animate the stroke’s offset or apply multiple stroke filters to the same object to create stunning effects.
Motion 5.4.6 also includes the following:
- Adds square and vertical presets to the Display Aspect Ratio Snapshots in the Project Inspector.
- Fixes an issue that prevented image masks from responding to opacity changes made to a source object.
- Improves performance when working with particle emitters.
- Fixes an issue with the Align To behaviour and scrolling text.
- Fixes a stability issue after switching to Cinema Layout.
- Fixes a stability issue during playback with Dynamics turned on in the Advanced Pane of the Shape Inspector.
- Fixes an issue in which still images might be exported with the incorrect colour space.
- Fixes an issue in which the Spirals Generator rendered incorrectly.
Released 10 December 2019
- Fixes an issue in which the HUD would not appear when using the Grow/Shrink behaviour.
- Fixes an issue in which the Colour Space Override menu option was not available when working in Wide Gamut HDR.
- Fixes an issue in which 3D text with transparency could display artefacts.
- Prevents an issue that could lead to visual artefacts appearing on a Mac with a Nvidia graphic card that has the Reduce Transparency accessibility preference turned on.
- Improves stability when sharing.
- Improves reliability when entering Korean text.
Released 7 October 2019
- New Metal-based processing engine improves playback and accelerates graphics tasks, including rendering, compositing, real-time effects, exporting and more.
- Enhances graphics performance with support for multiple GPUs, including Radeon Pro Vega II and Radeon Pro Vega II Duo on Mac Pro.
- Optimises CPU performance with support for up to 28 CPU cores on Mac Pro.
- Accelerates ProRes and ProRes RAW playback when using the Afterburner card on Mac Pro.
- Lets you view, composite, grade and deliver stunning High Dynamic Range (HDR) video on Apple Pro Display XDR.
- Tone maps HDR video to compatible Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) displays when using Motion on macOS Catalina.
- Improves load balancing of graphics processing across multiple GPUs.
- Retains custom window layouts when Motion is opened.
- Improves performance when using multiple behaviours on a camera.
- Fixes an issue in which flickering may occur when changing cameras during playback.
- Properly labels Zoom In/Zoom Out in the Timeline and Keyframe Editor.
- Eyedropper now works with the Colour Curves and Hue/Saturation Curves filters in 360° projects.
- Properly displays MPEG-4 files in the Library preview area.
- Removes the retiming limit of 800% (Property Inspector > Timing > Speed).
- Updates Action Safe and Title Safe zones to allow correct EU standards.
- Fixes an issue in which undoing a 3D text font change could corrupt characters in the canvas.
- Updates Text tool keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixes instability caused by copying and pasting of a Match Move behaviour.
- Fixes an issue in which objects in the canvas could not be selected after opening a project from the Finder.
Released 21 March 2019
- Detects media files that may be incompatible with future versions of macOS after Mojave.
- Improves reliability when sharing video to YouTube.
Released 15 November 2018
Advanced colour grading
- Use colour wheels in 1-up or 4-up layouts to quickly adjust hue, saturation and brightness.
- Apply professional colour curves to make ultra-fine adjustments to colour and contrast.
- Hue/saturation curves let you select and change a specific hue or brightness level while leaving other parts of the image unchanged.
- Use the eye dropper with the colour and hue/saturation curves to quickly sample parts of an image for adjustment.
- Apply custom LUTs from popular colour grading apps and sites.
- Adjust colour corrections over time with precise keyframe controls.
- Instantly turn any photo or video into a comic book illustration.
- Choose from a variety of styles to create colour, monochrome or greyscale artwork.
- Refine the comic book look with simple controls to adjust ink edges, fill and smoothness.
Tiny Planet filter
- Add the Tiny Planet filter when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create interesting spherical looks.
- Use the Z and X Rotation parameters to wrap your tiny planet effect into an infinite cylinder.
- Adjust the Y Rotation parameter to move your subject horizontally within the tiny planet.
- Animate the field of view to transition from a close-up to a satellite view flying high above your footage.
- Give generators and titles a powerfully warped look by applying the Tiny Planet filter.
Core Text engine
- Core Text engine ensures accurate display of Arabic letters, Indic vowel signs in Devanagari and Thai diacritics.
- Correct rendering and animation of emoji, thin glyphs, capital letters in various point sizes and vertical text are joined and tracked correctly.
Motion 5.4.2 also includes the following:
- Fixes an issue in which cameras created after the first camera in a 360° project didn’t match the settings of the first camera.
- Fixes an issue in which a clone layer in a 360° project caused unexpected results.
- Fixes an issue in which lighting and shadow controls appeared on objects which do not support those properties.
- Improves performance of camera controls when an object with an Align To behaviour is selected.
- Improves stability when working with multiple Align To behaviours on the same object.
Stability and Reliability
- Fixes an issue where deleting a keyframe would disrupt the animation of the parameter.
- Improves reliability of the Link behaviour.
- Improves stability when option-dragging a keyframe.
- Improves stability when adding Motion Library content to a project.
- Improves stability when closing a project using a Focus behaviour on text.
- Improves stability when turning off audio tracks during playback.
- Improves stability when managing curve sets.
- Improves stability when turning the Audio behaviour on and off.
- Improves stability when reordering items in the Audio Pane.
- Improves stability of copying media to a folder when saving a project.
- Improves overall stability and performance of RAM preview playback.
- Improves RAM preview reliability.
- Improves stability of the RAM preview indicator.
- RAM preview updates when changes are made to the project background colour.
- Fixes an issue when performing a RAM preview caused the FPS to be faster the smaller the canvas size.
- Fixes an issue where playing a RAM preview would have missing frames and an unexpected high frame rate when using the Play from Start button.
- Fixes an issue in which the text kerning parameter does not reset.
- Improves reliability when clicking Replace in the Find and Replace window.
- Improves stability when copying and pasting from a text document.
- Kerning is preserved when copying and pasting from a text document.
- Improves animation smoothness when animating text size.
- Navigate in the font pop-up menu by typing the font name.
- Track size parameter now includes a pixels (px) unit of measure label.
- Fixes an issue where the Paste Special window could inadvertently be closed.
- Correctly displays behaviour parameters in Japanese and Chinese.
- Improves reliability of the “At Startup” preference.
- Improves reliability of keyframing using the Transform Tool and the Adjust 3D Transform Tool.
- Improves reliability of the Library’s preview of films.
- Support for ProRes RAW files lets you design motion graphics using pristine RAW image data from the camera sensor
- Enjoy smooth playback and real-time graphics creation on laptop and desktop Mac computers
- Work natively with ProRes RAW or ProRes RAW HQ files created by ATOMOS recorders and DJI Inspire 2 drone
Motion 5.4.1 also includes the following:
- Glyphs no longer clip at the cube faces in a 360° project when a font size is increased using Font Size, Face:Blur, Outline:Blur, Glow: Blur, Drop Shadow: Blur and Drop Shadow: Scale
- Moving filters from a layer to an environment in a 360° project produces consistent results
- Reorient filter applied to the 360° environment displays correctly
- Fixes an issue in which the output of a 360° reorient filter applied to a 360° environment sourced from a clone could appear tiled
- Fixes an issue in which drop zone dimensions could change after undo/redo actions
- Fixes an issue in which crop parameters persist after a drop zone is unticked
- Empty drop zone pan and scale parameters are saved
- Duplicate drop zones automatically publish image wells
Stability and Reliability
- Improves stability when loading a plain text file into a file text generator
- Fixes an issue in which changing transform using on-screen controls could cause a jump in scale after the pivot has been altered
- Fixes an issue in which the tracker could stop working after performing analysis on a stabilise behaviour
- Fixes an issue in which generators could become clipped when rotated on Y axis
- Fixes an issue in which Align To occasionally disconnected from a target object
- Fixes an issue in which pan does not reset after each drop of a new source
- Text style pop-up no longer appears blank when clicking between a text object and Inspector tabs
- Fixes an application hang when using rotation on screen controls after a Sequence Text is applied
- Frame rates of 100fps or 120fps display three digits for frames
- Heads Up Display colour well settings load correctly
- Fixes an issue in which moving on-screen controls go beyond the Viewer boundary when working with non-square aspect ratio media
- Lighter canvas background makes the canvas edges more visible
- Fixes an issue where Tooltips persisted after upgrading to High Sierra
360 VR motion graphics
- Import 360° video and design 360° titles, generators and effects
- Output 360° video to a connected VR headset1
- Apply 360° effects including blurs, glows and more
- Save any 360° motion graphic and access it immediately from the effects browser in Final Cut Pro
- Share 360° video directly to YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo
- Apply the Reorient filter to easily change the orientation of 360° video
- Create 3D scenes within a 360° project for ultra-realistic 360° environments
- Use the 360° Look Around view to preview your 360° scene without a VR headset
- Edit 360° video into a non-360° project and animate the pan, tilt and zoom
- Place any graphic, still or video into a 360° project, then reposition and resize to fit perfectly into the 360° scene
- Easily convert between a Motion project, Final Cut Pro generator, Final Cut Pro title, Final Cut Pro effect or Final Cut Pro transition at any time
- New Overshoot behaviour creates realistic spring-loaded animations without the need for keyframes
- New Looks filters offer a variety of photographic-inspired looks
- Faster, higher quality Optical Flow analysis using Metal
- Import, playback and editing of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) video clips and High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) photos from Apple devices2
- Send to Compressor to export motion graphics projects in the HEVC format
1 Requires compatible VR headset, macOS High Sierra and SteamVR. Video output to VR headset requires a Mac computer with discrete graphics running macOS High Sierra. 27-inch iMac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics recommended.
2 HEVC and HEIF support requires macOS High Sierra.
Issues addressed in Motion 5.4
- Improves performance when using multiple Align To behaviours
- Improves stability when using the Link and Align To behaviours
- Resolves issues with the Time Date Text Generator 24-hour clock
- Numbers and Time Date generators display localised languages correctly even if English is not set as the secondary language
- Trailing punctuation in a text sequence animates correctly
- Improves stability when sharing audio
- Improves stability while selecting 3D text presets in the Inspector
- Link: Apply Mode parameter is saved correctly with the project
- Shape colours selected using pencils are exported correctly
- Multiple parameters can be activated and deactivated in the Keyframe editor
- Timing parameters are correctly displayed in the Keyframe editor
- Fixes an issue in which Shift-dragging keyframes in the timeline could cause unexpected results in the curve of the Keyframe editor
- Improves stability when offsetting an individual text glyph in Z
- Improves stability of Audio Behaviour analysis
- Improves stability when retiming a keyframed clip in the timeline
- Improves stability when removing a gradient editor tag after using the Location Field
- A Fill filter lets you quickly fill an entire layer without requiring a separate layer and mask
- Missing plug-ins are identified correctly when opening a project
- Midtones are represented accurately when using the Colour Balance filter
- Improves stability when scaling shapes from or to zero
- Improves stability when working with duplicated rigged filters and behaviours
- Fixes a stability issue that could occur when using keyboard shortcuts while a keyframe is selected in the Keyframe Editor
- Improves stability when moving the cursor across markers during playback
- Improves stability when using multiple camera behaviours
- Improves performance when exporting H.264 files and changing frame rate
- Fixes a stability issue when using the Timecode text generator
- Fixes a stability issue when the cursor rolls over markers during playback
- Fixes a stability issue when using the nudge keyframe shortcut
New in Motion 5.3
- Redesigned dark interface puts the focus on your motion graphics
- Updated arrangement of icons streamlines the Motion interface
- Window layouts are now optimised for portable Mac computers and desktop displays
- Images are now viewable in wide colour on supported Mac computers and external displays
- Import, edit and deliver video in standard Rec. 709 or in wide Rec. 2020 colour spaces
- Improved Link behaviour lets you link attributes such as width and height to drive animation automatically
- New Align To behaviour lets you easily connect and animate multiple objects without keyframing
- Improved environment reflection controls allow for more realistic 3D text rendering with anisotropy, which changes the appearance of an object based on angle of view
- More realistic brushed metal surfaces enhance 3D text
- Improved performance when playing and adjusting 3D text
- New arrow cursor shape
- Support for Stickers format when exporting image sequences
- Additional Stickers project templates
- Support for Live Photos
- Play Selection command
Issues addressed in Motion 5.3:
- Graphics maintain high image quality after scaling to smaller template sizes
- Slider widget snapshot tags now allow for numeric entry of precise position
- EXR images dropped into image wells appear correctly
- Installed third-party plug-ins are checked for compatibility on initial launch
- 3D text materials that contain gradients render correctly
- Improved rendering of opacity and depth with layers in 3D text
- Improved support for rendering third-party fonts in 3D text
- Tab stops in a saved Motion project load and export correctly
- Material presets are maintained when copying 3D text from one project to another
- Filters applied to 3D text no longer clip the base of a shadow when rotated
- Saving projects correctly collects media for previously saved templates
- Improved performance when working with shapes
- Panorama photos from iPhone appear correctly in the canvas
- Videos recorded with iPhone import correctly
- Fixed a crash when applying a sequence behaviour to a text generator
- Affinity Photo PSD images load correctly
- Fixed an issue where PSD layers could become merged when loading projects
- Autosave Vault naming now supports 2-byte languages including Japanese, Chinese and Korean
- Missing media reconnection menu is fixed
- Improved 3D title rendering on Intel 5000 systems
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect rendering of the Concentric Circles generator on systems with Intel integrated graphics
- Improved stability of the Match Move behaviour
- Resolved an issue in the Motion Path behaviour when setting the X or Y radius of circle to 0
- Improves stability when adding Photoshop files to a project
- Improves stability when searching in iTunes and photo libraries
- Improves stability when using the Undo command after ungrouping a parent group
- Correctly saves percentage-based parameters in the Checkerboard generator after closing and reopening a project
- Correctly saves the preview film for Motion templates created in German, Japanese and Chinese
- Fixes an issue in which points on a Bezier shape could incorrectly switch from Linear to Smooth
- Fixes an issue in which some objects within Motion templates could render with soft edges
- Adds iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Pro and Apple TV HD to the Apple Devices compatibility list in the Share window
- Fixes render errors that may occur when using reflective materials with 3D text
- Improves stability when swapping materials on 3D text with published parameters
- Improves performance when loading text styles
- Motion Title templates with published text layout parameters now export correctly
- Fixes an issue that could cause 3D text to appear dark when rendered
- Fixes an issue in which Photoshop files could be imported with an incorrect colour profile
- Fixes an issue that could cause Motion to quit on launch
Before installing an update to Motion from the Mac App Store, make sure you back up your important files, including projects, media and the version of Motion that you’re updating.
Introducing 3D titles
- Beautifully animated and easily customisable 3D text
- Simple templates to get started quickly
- Cinematic templates with built-in backgrounds and animations
- Save any 3D title and access it instantly in Final Cut Pro X
- Large collection of text styles to create stunning looks in one click
- Customise your titles with hundreds of combinations of materials, lighting and edges
- Additional controls adjust environments, shadows and more
- Instantly convert 2D titles to 3D
- Create advanced 3D looks with multiple materials and edges on each character
- Flexible surface shading with options for texture maps, diffuse and specular reflection and bump mapping
- Cast shadows from 3D text onto itself and other objects in a 3D scene
- Add multiple lights, cameras and tracking to any 3D title
- In-camera glint effects
- Support for sequencing 3D text animations
- Over 90 built-in materials including metals, woods, plastics and more
- Combine layers of materials to create unique looks
- Customise any material and save as a new preset
- Add real-world attributes easily, including paints, finishes, distress and more
- Panasonic AVC-Ultra codec family
- Sony XAVC S
- JVC H.264 Long GOP
- 12 new generators, including Manga Lines, Sunburst and Spiral Drawings
- Improved keyframing, including copy and paste in the Timeline
- Improved mask and shape creation for rectangles and circles, plus conversion to a bezier shape for more control
- Easily monitor background Share operations from within Motion
- Improved performance on Intel-based GPUs
- Better performance of FxPlug plug-ins and built-in effects that use multiple frames, such as Echo and Trails
Motion 5.2 also includes the following:
- Improved stability when loading projects with missing filters or fonts
- Choosing a smooth option on an already smooth point no longer changes the curve
- Tickbox parameters display in the curve editor
- Double-clicking to add a new keyframe in the Curve Editor no longer changes interpolation of subsequent keyframes
- The Keyframe Editor vertical scroll bar displays the entire graph
- Keyframe Editor time scale is consistent
- Motion 5.1.2 fixes reliability issues when burning a Blu-ray Disc or creating a Blu-ray disk image
- Support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
- Improved Sequence Text behaviour for animating characters, words and lines
- Enhanced Contrast filter parameters for refined adjustments
This update also includes the following:
- Updated preset text styles
- General stability improvements
- Optimised playback and rendering using dual GPUs in the new Mac Pro
- FxPlug 3 with custom plug-in interfaces and dual-GPU support
- Faster project loading, especially for complex projects
- Share directly to YouTube at 4K resolution
- Spanish language localisation
This update improves overall stability and performance including:
- Fixes a stability issue with splitting clips on the timeline
- Fixes a stability issue when dragging media to a layer that is being edited
- Fixes a stability issue when adding a point to an animated shape
- Fixes a stability issue when quitting Motion while copying a text character
- Fixes an issue where objects could appear to be missing in the Layers List
- Fixes an issue with rendering XAVC media
For information on the security content of this update, please visit Apple security updates.
- Resolves an issue where some third-party effects generated green frames during render
- Resolves performance issues that could occur with certain titles and effects
- Fixes a stability issue when splitting layers in the timeline
- Fixes an issue where launching a plug-in with a tickbox could require multiple clicks
- Fixes a stability issue with CoreMelt plug-ins
- Fixes an issue with Image Units being removed when you saved a project
- Fixes issues that occurred when working with multiple documents on dual displays
- Fixes an issue with uploading clips that are larger than 1GB to Vimeo
- Improved anti-aliasing increases text sharpness for enhanced legibility, especially with small fonts and animated text
- Open multiple projects simultaneously to easily switch, copy and paste between them
- Accelerated loading of complex projects
- Ability to edit and export audio files with sample rates above 44kHz
- Resolves a stability issue that could occur when applying the Keyer filter with the Inspector open
- Resolves a stability issue that could occur when pressing Escape after accessing the Colours window in the Text Inspector
Motion version 5.0.4 improves overall stability and is enhanced for the MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012).
This update also resolves issues in FxPlug 2 where some images were returned at half height or upside down.
- Improves loading time for projects
- Improves performance of text editing in the Canvas
- Fixes issues with Fill Opaque enabled in images converted to Drop Zones
- Resolves a stability issue that occurred when deleting all characters with the Transform Glyph tool
- Corrects the pixel aspect ratio display of Anamorphic clips
- Improves speed of Save Current Frame
- Resolves a stability issue when adjusting motion blur controls in the Project Properties Inspector
- Resolves a stability issue when modifying media files while Motion is running in the background
- Improves the speed and responsiveness of text editing
- Ability to automatically add animation keyframes when recording is disabled
- Keyboard shortcut for repositioning animation curves or paths
- Ability to adjust the pan and scale of an image in a drop zone
- Improves the look of the Keyframe Editor for easier keyframe viewing and editing
- Improves support for timing-related FxPlug effects
- Improves stability and performance when working with drop zones
- Resolves a stability issue caused by clicking in the Canvas outside an object after repositioning the object
- Resolves a stability issue that could result from clicking on the Photos folder in the Library pane
- Keyframe Editor shows only animated parameters when the Animated display option is selected
- Adds support for dual displays
- Fixes an issue with the import and playback of multi-channel audio
- Resolves a stability issue when navigating to keyframes at a negative time
- Fixes an issue with incorrect text positioning when the Inspector is open
- Provides for correct kerning between characters when applying adjustments
- Resolves stability issues when entering an empty string in a title while in Draft Mode
Back up the Motion application
To back up the currently installed Motion application:
- Create a new folder in the Applications folder and name it after the application (for example, “Motion 5.2.3”). To check your version of Motion, open the application and choose About Motion from the Motion menu.
- Select the Motion application in the Applications folder. Choose File > Compress “Motion”. It will take a few minutes to compress.
- Move the resulting "Motion.zip" file into the folder you created in step 1.
- Move the folder containing the .zip file to a back-up drive.