Use USB-A Adapters to connect your devices
You can use Apple USB-A Camera Adapters to import photos from your digital camera or connect other USB-A devices to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
You can use these devices with Apple USB-A Camera Adapters:
- Audio/MIDI interfaces and devices
- Ethernet adapters
- SD card readers
- Bar code scanners
Use USB 3 Adapter for more power
Some devices need more power than your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can provide. If you connect one of these devices, you might see an alert that says “attached accessory uses too much power." Try one of these steps:
- Connect the devices to a powered USB-A hub or secondary power source.
- Use a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.
The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter has a built-in Lightning port, which you can connect to a USB-A power adapter. This provides power to your iOS device and connected device.
Supported ethernet adapters
These are some of the USB-A ethernet adapters that you can use with Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter:
- Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
- Buffalo LUA-U2-GT
- Linksys USB200M
- Linksys USB1000
- IO-Data ETG-US2
- Belkin F5D5055
To use the Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter, you need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9.3 or later.
If you can't connect a supported device, try these steps:
- Disconnect the Apple USB Camera Adapter from your iOS device.
- Disconnect any devices connected to the Apple USB Camera Adapter.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Plug in the Apple USB Camera Adapter and try to connect the USB device again.