macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Update software on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
On your Mac, you can update software on your iPhone, iPad or an iPod touch.
Connect your device to your Mac.
You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or using a Wi-Fi connection. See Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch over Wi-Fi.
In the Finder on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
If you connect your device to your Mac using a USB cable and can’t see the device in the Finder sidebar, see If your device doesn’t appear in the sidebar.
Click General in the button bar.
Click Check for Update.
To install an available update, click Update.