This article is intended for enterprise and education system administrators. If you're trying to manage an Apple TV that isn't owned by a business or school, learn how to use restrictions.
In tvOS 10.2 or later, you can also use Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager to supervise your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) and enroll it in MDM. For instructions, see the iOS Deployment Reference.
Before you begin
To use Apple Configurator to connect to your Apple TV, here's what you need:
Connect your Apple TV to Apple Configurator
- Connect your Apple TV to Ethernet, and stop at the Pair Your Remote screen. If your Apple TV is already set up, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices.
- On your Mac, open Apple Configurator 2.
- From the Apple Configurator 2 menu, choose Paired Devices.
- Click Pair next to your Apple TV.
- Enter the 6 digit pin that appears on the screen of your Apple TV.
- Select your Apple TV in the device window of Apple Configurator.
Prepare your Apple TV
If you want to prepare an Apple TV, start with an Apple TV that hasn't been set up, or erase it first.
To prepare your Apple TV, open Apple Configurator, click Prepare and follow the onscreen instructions. If you choose to add it to Device Enrollment, don't choose the option to Activate and complete enrollment.
Add apps or profiles
After you connect your Apple TV to Apple Configurator, you can add apps or profiles. To add apps or profiles, select your Apple TV, then click Add in the toolbar, or drag a profile from a Finder window.