Get Apple Music
With a subscription to Apple Music, you can access millions of songs, curated radio and playlists, and music recommendations, all in the Apple Music app. You can also access your music across other devices, as long as you're signed in to Apple Music with the same Apple ID, and download music to listen to offline.
Learn more about Apple Music and Apple Music pricing.
If you don't have Google Play in your country or region, you can download the Apple Music app from Apple.
Apple Music features might vary by country or region. Learn more about what's available in your country or region.
Before you join
- Make sure that your device has Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or later. To check your Android version, go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Get the Apple Music app from Google Play.
- Know your Apple ID, which is the account that you use with all Apple services such as the iTunes Store or App Store. If you don't have one, you can create one when you join.
If you previously joined Apple Music on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or computer, learn what to do.
Apple Music is not a backup service, so make sure to always have a backup of your music collection before you make any changes.
Open Apple Music
The first time you open the app, you should see a "Welcome to Apple Music" message. If you don't see the message, tap For You.
Start a trial
Tap the trial offer to get started. (One trial per person or family.)
Start your subscription
Enter your Apple ID and password
Tap Use Existing Apple ID, then enter your Apple ID and password. If you don’t have an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID, then follow the steps to create one.
If you're not sure if you have an Apple ID, we can help you find out.
If you're asked for a verification code, you have two-factor authentication on your Apple ID. Learn about two-factor authentication and what to do if you still can’t sign in.
Confirm your details
You might be asked to validate your billing info. Add a valid payment method1 and tap Join.
If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions.
1. You can use store credit to pay for Apple Music, but you must have enough store credit to cover the amount of your first renewal. Learn how to add store credit to your account.
Choose genres and artists and follow friends
During the join process, you’re asked to choose artists and genres that you like. Apple uses your choices to give you suggestions from our experts who know and love music. Learn more about how your choices affect your suggestions.
If you already subscribe to Apple Music
Get the Apple Music app from Google Play, then open it. If you see an offer for a trial, tap Sign In in the upper-right corner. Otherwise, tap the menu button , then tap Sign In. Enter the Apple ID and password that you used when you joined Apple Music previously.
If you're asked for a verification code, you have two-factor authentication on your Apple ID. Learn about two-factor authentication and what to do if you still can't sign in.
If you're asked to let Apple Music manage calls on your Android device
When you join Apple Music on Android through your wireless carrier, you might see a system message on your Android device that asks you to verify your phone number. When you tap Continue, you'll see a message that asks you to allow Apple Music to make and manage phone calls. When you tap Allow, you give Apple the ability to confirm your wireless phone number and give you access to Apple Music on your Android device.
Apple Music will not actually make or manage any of your phone calls.
Get the most out of Apple Music on Android
- With the latest version of Apple Music for Android, you can now listen on a wider range of Android devices, including tablets.
- Use the Apple Music app to listen to your music, discover new favorites, enjoy curated playlists, and more.
- With Apple Music for Android 2.6, you can listen to Apple Music in the car with Android Auto.2 Learn more about and get help with Android Auto.
- You can change your subscription at any time. Learn how to change or cancel Apple Music.
- You can also subscribe to Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. You can start a monthly Individual subscription on Apple TV, but if you want to subscribe as a Student, Family, or Annual Individual, use a different device.
2. Browsing is limited in Android Auto. To find what you want to listen to, create playlists while you're not driving or use voice commands like "play [title of album]" or "play [name of song]."