Sign in with your Apple ID
Use the same Apple ID and password every time you're asked to sign in to an Apple device or service. With your Apple ID, you can:
- Sign in with your Apple ID when you set up a new device to automatically set up all of your Apple services.
- Sign in to iCloud to keep your personal content up to date on all your devices.
- Sign in to the iTunes, Books, and App Store to make purchases and access previous purchases.
- Sign in to iMessage and FaceTime* with your Apple ID to talk and text with friends and family.
See a complete list of features and services that use your Apple ID.
Manage your Apple ID
Because your Apple ID is used across all your devices and services, it's important to keep your account information up to date. Simply sign in to your Apple ID account page at any time to manage your account:
- Update trusted phone numbers and devices that you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID.
- Change your password to help maintain the security of your account.
- Update your Apple ID email address** to make sure it's an address that you use frequently.
- Add additional email addresses to help people find and communicate with you on Apple services like FaceTime, iMessage, and Find My Friends.
- Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID.
- Change your Apple ID country or region.
You can also learn how to manage your payment information.
Help us protect your account
The security and privacy of your Apple ID is very important to us. Here are some things you can do to make sure your account remains private and secure:
- If you haven't already, set up two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security to your account. Depending on when you created your Apple ID, it might already be protected by two-factor authentication. Some Apple IDs created in iCloud on iOS 10.3 or macOS 10.12.4 and later automatically turn on this feature.
- If you can't set up two-factor authentication, reset your security questions and add a rescue email address. If you forget your password or the answers to your security questions, your rescue email address will help you regain access to your account.
- Review best security practices in Security and your Apple ID.
- Read more about Apple’s commitment to privacy and security.
* FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.
** In China mainland and India, you can use your phone number as your Apple ID. In China mainland, you might be required to provide a +86 phone number for your Apple ID. You can change the number later, or change your country or region to a location that doesn't require it. This number is only used for verification purposes.