If a payment method can’t be charged
- Use your device to check your payment information. You might see red text that explains why the payment method can't be charged.
- If your card was declined, add a new payment method or update your payment information. You can add multiple payment methods to your Apple ID.
- Your payment method will be charged for the unpaid balance. Then you can make other purchases and update your apps, including free apps.
If you use Family Sharing and Purchase Sharing is turned on, the family organizer must update their billing information or add a new payment method. If you're not the family organizer, you can't change the payment method.
If you see an unexpected charge
*You must request the refund within the refund period. Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.
Get more help
- If you disputed a charge from the App Store or iTunes Store, contact your financial institution again to authorize that charge and future purchases from the App Store or iTunes Store.
- If you're outside of the United States, you might need to contact your financial institution to allow international purchases.
- In some countries and regions, your payment method might be declined because of changes to local law. Learn about billing and purchases in Europe or what to do if your card is declined in India.
- If you still need help, contact Apple Support.