Create a sound library
After you create your sound library, you can access it in the Alchemy browser.
- Create a new sound library folder for your presets in ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy/.
- Create subfolders named after the category of presets you want to create. Use these names for your subfolders so Alchemy can properly categorize them in the browser: Arpeggiated, Bass, Brass, Drums, Guitars, Keys, Leads, Mallets, Organs, Pads, Rhythmic, Sound Effects, Soundscapes, Strings, Synths, Vocals and Woodwinds.
- To save a preset in your new sound library, load your preset, click Save in Alchemy, choose your new sound library folder, then choose the appropriate subfolder. For example, save a custom bass preset in ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy/My New Sound Library/Bass.
- If you're using your own samples in a preset, you can create a separate folder for samples or you can consolidate samples in the same folder as the associated preset file:
- To create a separate folder for samples, create a new folder in ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Alchemy Samples/. Name the folder after your new sound library, then save your samples there.
- To consolidate samples, in Alchemy recall the preset, choose File > Save Consolidated, select the subfolder containing the associated preset, then click Save.
- To access your sound library in the Alchemy browser, click Browse, click the pop-up menu at the top of the third or fourth column, then choose Sound Library. Your library should appear in the list.
Use an Alchemy sound library on another Mac
You can copy your sound library to use it on another Mac.
On the source Mac:
- Locate the sound library presets folder you created.
- Control-click your presets folder in ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy/, then choose Compress.
- If you created a separate folder for samples, Control-click the subfolder in ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Alchemy Samples/ that contains your samples, then choose Compress.
Skip this step if you consolidated samples in the presets subfolders.
- To transfer your sound library to another Mac, use an external drive, use AirDrop, use iCloud Drive, or use file sharing.
On the destination Mac:
- Unzip the files.
- Copy the unzipped presets folder to ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy/.
- Copy your sound library samples subfolder to ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Alchemy Samples/.
- Open Logic Pro, then open Alchemy.
- In Alchemy, choose File > Refresh Library to see the sound library you moved to this Mac.